Homes for Heroes is pleased to announce their partnership with The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC). This partnership will help more firefighters, EMS providers, and rescue workers take advantage of savings with their real estate transactions.
About Homes for Heroes
Through the Hero Rewards program, firefighters, EMS providers and first responders, among other eligible heroes, maximize savings on buying, selling, or refinancing a home. The average hero saves around $2,400 when buying or selling a home through the program. Additional savings are also available from real estate agents, loan officers, title companies, home inspectors, and other related expenses. To date, Homes for Heroes have helped over 42,000 heroes save over $70 million on their real estate transactions.
The NVFC is the only national membership organization dedicated to serving the volunteer fire, EMS, and rescue community. A NVFC membership is only $18, and provides a wide range of benefits, programs, and resources, many of which are relevant to both volunteer and career emergency responders. These include:
- Resources to help responders focus on their health and safety so they can Serve Strong
- Free volunteer recruitment and retention tools through the Make Me A Firefighter campaign
- Behavioral health support through the Share the Load program
- Training and education through the Virtual Classroom – all courses are FREE to NVFC members
- Volunteer Voices membership community connecting responders from across the country
- Action Center to enable responders to take action on key fire service legislation
Both organizations are supporting our nation’s first responders. This partnership is a way to expand the reach of Homes for Heroes’ real estate savings program to NVFC’s members as well as let responders already signed up with Homes for Heroes know about the resources available through the NVFC.
Homes for Heroes will also be making a donation to the NVFC for every responder who utilizes the Hero Rewards program through the specific NVFC link.
In addition to this new partnership, the Homes for Heroes Foundation has already shown their commitment to the NVFC’s Volunteer Firefighter Support Fund, donating $12,500 in 2020. This fund provides assistance to volunteer firefighters and EMS providers in the aftermath of a disaster or home fire. It was temporarily expanded in2020 to include volunteers who had involuntarily lost a job or wages due to the COVID-19 pandemic.