A. Collection of Information
You acknowledge and agree that Homes for Heroes may collect information from you and about you when you use the Services. The information collected will be used to communicate with you and operate Homes for Heroes’ program. In some instances, Homes for Heroes may collect and use your information for other purposes detailed below.
Specifically, Homes for Heroes may collect the following information from you:
- Your Contact Information. This includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail, and details you provide to us about you and your business.
- Web Usage. Homes for Heroes uses Google Analytics, which tracks and manages cookie information so that we and third-party service providers can better deliver advertisements that are relevant and useful to you online, including Homes for Heroes’ website and various other websites across the Internet. We have also implemented Google Analytics display network impression reporting to better understand how ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our sites.
- Your Social Networks. If you use the social networking connection functions offered through Homes for Heroes, we may access all of your social network profile information that you have made available to be shared with us.
- Your Payment Information (for Affiliates and other third party service providers). If necessary to secure payment from you, Homes for Heroes will collect your credit/debit card information. This information is secured using industry-standard encryption technology. Homes for Heroes will use this information to complete your order, and will not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to complete the order or comply with applicable law as detailed below.
Homes for Heroes will never attempt to collect payment or payment information from a hero interested in using the program. There is no cost to a hero for using the Services.
B. Use of Information
Generally speaking, Homes for Heroes will use information collected from you to provide you with the Services and to improve the Services. You thus acknowledge and agree that Homes for Heroes may use information collected from you for the following purposes.
- Communications with You. Homes for Heroes will use your e-mail address, physical address, and phone number to communicate with you as necessary, including providing you with information you have requested or confirming that you will receive the Services. If you do not wish to receive e-mails from Homes for Heroes, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. Disclosure of Information.
You acknowledge and agree that Homes for Heroes may share information about you in the following circumstances:
- You ask us to share the information. If you request that Homes for Heroes contacts a third party on your behalf, then you are consenting to disclosure of information and, particularly, personal contact information and any information we collect through your use of Homes for Heroes’ web site. For example, if you choose to contact a real estate agent or lender through the Services, we will send your contact information to a real estate agent or lender.
- Homes for Heroes needs to disclose the information to provide the Services. Homes for Heroes may hire or contract with a service provider or business partner to operate some part or all of Homes for Heroes’ business or provide better services to you. In order to provide the Services to you, Homes for Heroes may allow a third party to access information. Homes for Heroes will only disclose the information necessary for the service provider or business partner to perform the Services.
- Homes for Heroes affiliates with a different company or sells its business. Homes for Heroes may share information with any company or companies that affiliate with Homes for Heroes, including business partners. If Homes for Heroes is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. Information may be transferred along with the business. Any company with whom Homes for Heroes affiliates or partners with has their own privacy and consumer information policies and, potentially, additional laws with which they must comply. Homes for Heroes is not responsible for ensuring compliance by other individuals, companies, or business partners.
- Homes for Heroes is required by law to disclose information. Homes for Heroes may disclose any information in response to a subpoena or court order, and whenever Homes for Heroes has a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request, (b) detect, prevent, or otherwise respond to fraud, security or technical concerns, (c) support auditing and compliance functions, or (d) protect the rights, property, or safety of the public against harm.
D. Complaint Procedure and Your Right to Request Removal of Information.
E. Homes for Heroes’ Right to Amend Policy.
F. Homes for Heroes’ Efforts to Secure Information.
Homes for Heroes uses technical and physical safeguards to protect against foreseeable breaches of its data, including the unauthorized use, access, or destruction of any information subject to this policy.