To honor the services of the Hickory, NC Police Department, Homes for Heroes with the help of mortgage specialist, Jamie Harrington, donated $1,000 to support the efforts of the Hickory Police Athletic Club (HPAC).
Giving Back to Hickory Heroes
Hickory, North Carolina Homes for Heroes mortgage specialist, Jamie Harrington, is a top performer. In 2018 alone, she served 64 heroes and their families by helping them buy or refinance a home in the Hickory area, and she saved them significant money in the process.
Due to her incredible efforts in serving heroes, Homes for Heroes wanted to show their gratitude by offering her the ability to award $900 to any local charitable nonprofit of her choosing. The $900 came from Homes for Heroes, and Jamie took it upon herself to donate an additional $100 to make it an even $1,000 donation to the Hickory Police Athletic Club (HPAC)!
This is what Jamie had to say after presenting the check to the HPAC, “Everyone was really appreciative and it will definitely go toward good use. We have an amazing police department in Hickory. They are always doing good things in the community.”
Here are the names of everyone in attendance:
FRONT ROW (left to right):
Sgt. R. Isenhour, Lt. L. Miller, Capt. J. Young, Nicole Sain, Jamie Harrington (Homes for Heroes mortgage specialist), Shelley Davis (HPD public relations), Inv. K. Craig, Inv. S. Hudson, Mayor Hank Guess (HPD Retired Lt.)
BACK ROW (left to right):
Chief T. Whisnant, Sgt. J. Medley, Inv. J. Truesdell, Chris Gettys (Homes for Heroes real estate specialist), Inv. J. Crapps, Sgt. M. Christy, MPO C. Albrecht, MPO C. Berry
Hickory Police Athletic Club (HPAC)
The Hickory Police Athletic Club (HPAC) was originally founded in 1965 to build community relations, primarily through community sporting events. Since then it has evolved from a paid membership program, to a volunteer program where all Hickory PD members can get involved. The club continues to participate in many community activities, and also offers support for retired and current Hickory Police Officers and their families.
Shelley Davis, Hickory PD Crime Analyst, shared with Homes for Heroes how HPAC is involved in the community and supports the police department members and their families:
- Provide “Coworker of the Month” and “Coworker of the Year” awards
- January 2019 Coworker of the Month award winner: Telecommunicators Kathy Ferrell, Amber Severt and Montana Canter
- February 2019 Coworker of the Month award winner: MPO Chris Berry and K9 Rony
- March 2019 Coworker of the Month award winner: Officer Bing Dang
- April 2019 Coworker of the Month award winner: Officer Jamon Griffin
- May 2019 Coworker of the Month award winner: MPO Kyle Brown
- June 2019 Coworker of the Month award winner: MPO Derick Frye
- Volunteers participate and help manage local activities and events
- Offer memorial services or flowers for Hickory PD or family members
- Host annual Christmas party including venue, food and gifts for Hickory PD and their family members
- Offer hardship funds for Hickory PD members when things get tough upon approval of the HPAC board
- Contribute and donate to local nonprofits upon request to support their initiatives, including recently to the North Carolina Special Olympics and the North Carolina Family Guidance Center
Sponsor sale of challenge coins, badges, watches, afghans, ornaments and other items as suggested
Thank Every Hero in the Nation
With the help of affiliate specialists like Jamie Harrington, Homes for Heroes is making progress in achieving its mission to thank every hero in the nation. This $1,000 donation is yet another way for us to support the local efforts of our heroes. In addition, due to Jamie’s accomplishments last year alone, 64 heroes purchased a home, or refinanced a mortgage in the Hickory area and saved significant money by working with her. Homes for Heroes wants to thank Jamie for her contribution to achieving our mission. Homes for Heroes is honored to have Jamie as an affiliate specialist, serving heroes in her community, on our behalf.
Homes for Heroes has over 2,800 affiliate real estate and mortgage specialists across the country, who want to do the same for you. Sign up today to speak with the Homes for Heroes specialist in your area and find out how they can help you with your home buying, selling or refinancing needs. Plus, save you significant money in the process!