Last Updated on February 11, 2021 by Maggie Sutton
When most people think of beginning the home buying or selling process, it tends to begin during the spring season. However, we know people relocate for many seen and unforeseen reasons, and they may need to buy or sell a home during the winter season. There are some things to consider when buying or selling a home in the winter. It can present challenges, so here are some tips on how to get it done and save money with Hero Rewards .
Buying a Home in the Winter
One of the biggest advantages to buying a home in winter is simply the fact that there’s less competition. That translates to fewer bidding wars and a better purchase price for you. If you’re looking to buy this winter, consider these tips:
- Stay Flexible: During the winter season, the holidays are busy for everyone. Be flexible with your schedule and your experience will go a lot smoother.
- Use Your Imagination: No backyard presents itself well with out-of-season foliage or when covered by blanket of snow. Envision homes in all seasons and you may find a gem others miss.
- Take Your Time: Don’t rush to buy unless you have deadline. If there’s no pressure, wait for the right home. Many more homes will be put up for sale in the spring if you don’t find something you like.
Selling a Home in the Winter
Despite what you may have just read, winter can be a good time for selling a home too. You just need to know how to make your house stand out and attract the right buyers. Here are some tips for selling a home in the winter:
- Make Things Inviting: Make sure there is clear a path to your door, the temperature of the home is comfortable, and serve hot chocolate or warm apple cider. Putting buyers in a good mood will help bring in more offers.
- Embrace the Elements: If you live in a cold- weather climate, make sure to highlight how your households up to the snow and cold. Highlight the fireplace, if you have one. Also, do make sure that your household heating equipment is working properly. If it is not working well, consider getting Air to Water Heat Pumps from a reputed manufacturer.
- Consider Your Potential Buyers: Real estate experts say anyone attending open houses in the winter should be considered a motivated buyer – treat them accordingly. It’s good to note that winter months are also a peak time for corporate relocations, so you could find motivated buyers with little time to shop for homes.
Save on a Home with Hero Rewards
No matter what season it is, Homes for Heroes can save you money on your next home sale or purchase. Our heroes – full time and volunteer firefighters, paramedics and emergency medical technicians (EMT), police, corrections, dispatchers and other law enforcement professionals, active or veteran members of the U.S. armed forces, registered nurses, LPNs, CNAs, doctors and other healthcare professionals, and pre-K, K-12, and post-secondary teachers – receive an average of $2,400 in Hero Rewards when they buy and/or sell a home using Homes for Heroes specialists.
Looking to make a move this winter? Sign up with Homes for Heroes and our specialists will work to save you money and find you a new home or sell your current home.