Making the move to a new house is an exciting time for new beginnings in your life. You get to trade in all the things you are dissatisfied with in your current home, for a home that better fits your needs and wants. But before you put up your “For Sale” sign on your current home, or notify your landlord you are moving, make sure you know the reason why you are making the new move to your new house. Doing so will ensure that you are finding a new home that fits well with the direction you are going in life. Below are the top 3 reasons why people decide to make the move to a new house, and how they can benefit your life.
A Growing Family
Adding to a family with children is one of the most common reasons people make the move into a new home. In fact, over 30% of the population moved into a new home because of changes to the structure of their family. This exciting event provides your family the perfect opportunity to adjust your priorities and expenses, and get into a new home that will better fit your family size and your budget. If your family and budget size are changing soon, consider how a new home can help you:
- Better Budget – Children will require more living space and expenses. Find a new home that will better fit your new budget.
- Accommodate your Living Space Needs – Your family os growing and you will need more space. This is the perfect opportunity to find a home that can grow with your family.
- Improve Your Location – Upscale your neighborhood. Raising a family is the perfect excuse to relocate into that great neighborhood with parks and great school districts for your family.
Read more on how to buy a new house for your growing family.
Improve Living Situation
Moving into a new house that better fulfills your needs and wants can have a huge impact on your life. In fact, it is so important to us that the majority of the population move to find a new house that will better fit their needs and wants in life. Making the move to a better housing situation can greatly reduce stress and improve happiness. If you feel you and your home are not the right fit for each other, here are a few ways a new house can help.
- Find Your Comfort – Find a neighborhood that provides the important amenities you are looking for, such as parks, school districts and lower crime rate.
- Create Your Financial Future – Paying a monthly lease and investing in your landlord’s future can feel unrewarding. Trade in your rental lease for a monthly mortgage payment to invest in yourself and your financial security.
- Fit to Your Expenses – Living paycheck to paycheck with little disposable income is stressful. Reduce your housing expenses with home owning options such as REO’s, fixer-upers or rural housing that can better accommodate your monthly budget.
Read more on how to find a house that better fits your needs.
If you have just landed a new job, position or pay raise, congratulations! A promotion in your career can open up many new opportunities in life, including reinvesting in yourself by moving into that new home you have had your eye on. Before you go house shopping, consider how a new house can benefit you with the following:
- Improve Your Location – Spend more time at home and reduce your work travel time by finding a new home closer to your work location.
- Invest in Your Future – Use pay increase from your new job to invest in upgrading into your new home. This allows you to invest in your future without eating into the discretionary income you have become accustomed to spending.
Read more on how to buy a home with job opportunities
Defining the reason why you are moving will help you make good decisions in finding the new home that is right for you and the major changes in your life. However, you will likely still have additional questions for finding the right home, and Homes for Heroes is here to help. Sign up to speak with a Homes for Heroes specialist and have them answer your questions with no obligation.