What is Homes for Heroes? In short, we’re an organization dedicated to honoring the heroes in American communities by helping them save money when buying, selling or refinancing a home or mortgage. But our mission extends much further than that. We look to build partnerships with real estate, mortgage and local business specialists to build a community that supports heroes any way we can.
Who We Serve
It’s true that not all heroes wear capes. In fact, our heroes wear badges, fatigues, scrubs or carry textbooks. The six primary hero groups served by Homes for Heroes includes:
- Firefighters (active, former or retired full-time and volunteer fire fighters)
- EMS (active, former or retired Paramedics and Emergency Medical Technicians/EMTs)
- Law Enforcement (active, former or retired, all ranks of police officers, troopers, correctional officers, 911 dispatchers/operators)
- Military Armed Forces
- U.S. ARMY: Active Army, Army Reserves, Army Veterans, Army National Guard
- U.S. AIR FORCE: Active Air Force, Air Force Reserves, Air Force Veterans
- U.S. NAVY: Active Navy, Navy Reserves, Navy Veterans
- U.S. MARINE CORPS: Active Marine Corps, Marine Corps Reserves, Marine Corps Veterans
- U.S. COAST GUARD: Active Coast Guard, Coast Guard Reserves, Coast Guard Veterans
- Healthcare Professionals (active, former or retired Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Nurse Practioners, Primary Care Nurses and all specialized nursing professionals, doctors and surgeons)
- Teachers (active, former or retired Early Childhood Educators, Primary/Elementary Teachers, Secondary Education Teachers, Post-Secondary Education Teachers and Professors, Adult and Continuing Education Teachers, Pre-School Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Teacher Assistants, Counselors, Librarians and Administrators)
Whether it’s keeping our nation safe, protecting us or helping our children grow, each of these groups provide an invaluable service to our communities. To thank these selfless heroes for all that they do, we offer Hero Rewards to anyone who uses our program. These rewards come in the form of incredible savings, and to date we have helped over 35,000 heroes save more than $58 million on real estate transactions.
How Our Program Works
Real estate deals are complicated enough as it is. That’s why we’ve designed our process to be as simple as possible, making it easy for heroes to get the rewards they deserve. Here’s how the program works:
- REGISTER ONLINE: There’s no obligation and it takes less than a minute to complete the form.
- CONNECT: Our database automatically matches you with a local specialist in your area who will contact you to find out where you are in the process of buying, selling or refinancing, and whether they can help meet your needs.
- SAVE MONEY: When you decide to work with our local specialists, you receive your savings after closing on your home or mortgage:
- When you buy a home with our local real estate specialist, you receive a check after closing for 0.7% of the home purchase price ($700 for every $100,000 of the home price)*. If you use our mortgage, title and home inspector specialists, you can save even more through discounted fees.
- When you sell a home with our local real estate specialist, you receive a 25% credit on your real estate specialists gross commission.
- When you refinance a mortgage with our local mortgage specialist you can save on lending fees to help you keep as much money in your pocket as possible.
That’s it, three steps to savings! There’s no catch and no extra work required from you. Simply use our specialists to complete your real estate or mortgage transaction as you normally would, and you save money in the process.
Heroes who take advantage of all the Hero Rewards savings we offer save an average of $2,400. That’s a nice chunk of change you can use for other important priorities. We also help heroes save money on everyday purchases with our Local Deals page.
As great as those savings are, there’s another reason to consider Homes for Heroes for your real estate needs. Those who buy or sell a home with Homes for Heroes local specialists actually help give back to heroes in need through our Homes for Heroes Foundation.
The Homes for Heroes Foundation
Every time a hero uses our program, Homes for Heroes donates money to the Homes for Heroes Foundation. This creates a circle of giving where heroes help their fellow heroes in need.
Founded in 2009, the Homes for Heroes Foundation donates Hero Grants to charitable organizations who help heroes in need of specials support. These could be organizations that help homeless veterans, groups that train service dogs, or to support specific disaster relief efforts.
To date, the foundation has donated more than $747,000 in Hero Grants to support the lives and efforts of heroes and their families. Homes for Heroes, Inc. covers all of the foundation’s operating expenses, which means that 100% of donations go to help heroes in need.
To fully appreciate our mission and answer the question, “What is Homes for Heroes?”, it’s important to know how we began. It started the morning of Sept. 11, 2001. The terrorist attacks of that fateful day brought much heartache and pain. Many American heroes lost their lives that day. The sacrifice those heroes made that tragic day saved countless American lives, and guaranteed many more generations of American families. America came together to pick each other up and honor those heroic first responders who represent the best our nation has to offer.
Shortly after the tragedy of 9/11, during the days when unity and civic pride were top priority, Homes for Heroes was created to give back to the heroes of his country. From that day on, we have worked to honor heroes across our country the best way we know how. We now have more than 3,200 professional real estate and mortgage specialists serving heroes in all 50 states. We guarantee the most savings of any national program because we believe heroes have earned our gratitude for all that they do for our communities. Simply put, making the home transaction process easy for our heroes, serving our heroes with appreciation and gratitude, and saving our heroes money is our way of saying, “Thank you.”
It is our mission to thank every hero in the nation.
READY TO START? If you’re a hero ready to speak with our local specialist about buying, selling, or refinancing; or if you just have questions you’d like answered from someone who knows your community, the local market trends and regulations, simply register online and our specialist with contact you within 24 hours.
WANT TO SERVE HEROES? If you are a real estate agent or loan officer; learn more on how to become a real estate or mortgage specialist with Homes for Heroes and how to build your local niche and grow your business. If you’re another type of local business who would like to provide a Local Deal to your community heroes, learn more about becoming a local business specialist.
WANT TO SUPPORT HEROES IN NEED? Please donate to the Homes for Heroes Foundation and help fund future Hero Grants that assist heroes in need.