Last Updated on July 22, 2022 by Luke Feldbrugge
These deals are not on fire…But they are very useful. If you are looking for firefighter discounts – from homes to clothing to dining – they are out there. Trouble is they are all over the place. We have assembled a focused list of firefighter discounts we feel should help you find some of the best discounts reserved for firefighters.
Of course we will start with homes, real estate and lending, because that’s our specialty.
Big Deal When You Buy or Sell a Home
We think the best deals for firefighters in the housing market are with us, Homes for Heroes.
When it comes to:
- Buying a home
- Selling your home
- Buying and selling your home
- Refinancing your mortgage
We can help. We have a network of real estate specialists, mortgage lenders and even home inspectors that cater specifically to community heroes such as firefighters. For example, when you sign up to use a Homes for Heroes real estate agent and home loan lender, you can save on average $3,000 when buying or selling your home.
Once you close on your home, you’ll receive our Hero Rewards in the form of a check for 0.7% of the purchase price, or $700 for every $100,000 in home price. Plus, if you work with our mortgage, title and inspection specialists, you can save $500 on lender fees, $150 on title services, and $50 on a home inspection. That adds up to thousands of dollars saved!
Sign up today to speak with our local specialist in your area. There’s no obligation, and no extra work, or hidden fees for you. It’s just our way of saying thank you.
One other notable housing program for firefighters is the Good Neighbor Next Door Program from HUD. These homes are in revitalization areas where the houses have been foreclosed on, but they do offer 50 percent off the cost of the home for firefighters (plus law enforcement, teachers and EMS).
Firefighter Discounts on Tech
- Abt Electronics gives discounts between $50 and $500 to firefighters.
- The Apple Store provides special pricing on Mac and iOS products–about 10% off. The discount, according to multiple sources, is for Federal and State government employees. Since a lot of firefighters are city or county employees, you should probably check before you assume you qualify for the discount.
- AT&T offers cell phone service at 25% off specifically for first responders. Both full-time and volunteer firefighters are included in the discount.
- Bose gives firefighters special discounts if you purchase more than $199 in audio equipment.
- Ring has 20% off their smart doorbells and home security products for firefighters.
- Samsung offers 30% off a wide array of products if you are a first responder. Products include smartphones, laptops, tablets and audio equipment.
- If music is really important to you, Tidal gives firefighters monthly discounts to their streaming music service. They’ve taken $4 per month off their premium service and $8 per month off the top-tier HiFi plan.
- T-Mobile gives firefighters discounts on their cell service. You can get a four-line Magenta plan for $100 a month.
- Verizon Wireless offers cell phone plans for firefighters as well. Their plan is $120 per month for a four-line Start Unlimited plan.
Firefighter Discounts on Clothing
- Here’s a company with a good backstory. Black Helmet apparel was founded by a firefighter and donates a portion of their proceeds to the National Fallen Firefighters Association (as well as others). They offer various discounts to firefighters.
- Under Armour gives a 20% discount for firefighters on all online products.
- Oakley Standard Issue is one of their brands that is exclusive to firefighters (and other heroes). It offers 50% off eyewear to firefighters.
- Nike gives a 10% discount for firefighters.
- Saucony offers a 20% discount to firefighters.
- Tactical Distributors has a 10% discount for online purchases if you are a first responder. They have over 70 brands under their umbrella.
- Saddleback Leather provides a 10% discount to firefighters on their leather bags and backpacks. The company also has an interesting backstory including a dog named Blue.
- If you are a firefighter, the Reebok discount of 50% is worth a look.
- Firefighters save lives, but they also get married. Brides Across America has given away 26,000 wedding dresses (to date) to first responder brides.
- NFL Shop gives a 15% discount to firefighters, their spouses and their immediate family. So does the MLB Shop, NBA Store and NHL Shop.
- Moosejaw (backpacks and outdoor gear) provides a 20% discount to firefighters.
- Jockey gives firefighters a 10% discount, and that includes both active and retired firefighters.
Firefighter Deals on Fitness
- Bodybuilding.com gives firefighters 10% off their nutrition selections, workout programs and supplements.
- TRX Training honors firefighters with 30% off their exercise equipment.
- Pure Formulas has 10% off its vitamins and nutrition for firefighters.
- Wilson provides a 15% discount to firefighters and their families.
- You say you’re not afraid to get dirty? Tough Mudder offers 25% discounts to their events for firefighters.
- Adidas provides 30% discounts for online purchases and 20% off for outlet purchases. All first responders are eligible.
- Firefighters, as a rule, have good hearts. Qardio wants to keep them that way by offering 20% off their health monitoring devices.
- Atkins offers 15% saving to firefighters on their bars and shakes.
- PXG is serious about golf, but it’s also serious about firefighters. It created a line of golf equipment called PXG for Heroes with special prices for firefighters (and other heroes).
- Spartan Race has 25% discounts on their race registration for firefighters.
- Newton Running has running shoes and provides them to firefighters at 35% off.
Firefighter Discounts on Dining
- With a name like Firehouse Subs, you know they have strong ties to the first responder community. At Firehouse, you can receive a free drink with the purchase of a meal. In addition they donate a portion of each sale to the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation, to provide lifesaving equipment to first responders.
- Texas de Brazil has 15% discounts for firefighters.
- Some days are longer than others, and when you are too tired to even cook, Blue Apron can help. First responders get $110 off the first 5 boxes of meal kits.
- Chevys and all the other XRG restaurants give 20% off meals for firefighters. Their other restaurants include El Torito, El Torito Grill, Las Brisas, Acapulco, Who Song & Larry’s, Sol and Solita.
- If you like it strong, Fire Dept. Coffee gives a 15% discount to firefighters, active and retired. They also donate money to help firefighters who are injured on the job through its Fire Dept. Coffee Foundation.
- What day is it? If it’s the first Monday of the month, then America’s Dog and Burger offers 50% off to all firefighters.
Firefighter Deals on Autos
- CaRiD gives a 10% discount to firefighters on all auto parts ordered online.
- General Motors offers savings, from $500 to $1,000, to firefighters.
- Vivid Racing offers special savings for Firefighters on their racing accessories. You will need to fill out their form to find out the special pricing you are eligible for.
- DualLiner gives $10 off any bed liner order for firefighters.
- Ram Trucks honors first responders, both volunteer and career firefighters, with a $500 discount on select vehicles.
- Volkswagen provides a $500 bonus to firefighters on purchases or leasing.
- Ford gives firefighters $500 Appreciation Cash on purchases or leasing.
- Perrin Performance has special deals on their car accessories. Send them your email address and they will send you a discount.
There are a lot of discounts out there for firefighters. Many of them require verifications from services such as ID.me. There are variations in all of these offers, but they all have one thing in common: the sincere desire to thank you, the firefighter, for your service to our communities.
Homes for Heroes joins with these companies and organizations in order to express our thanks.