San Antonio, Texas is the seventh largest city in the United States with a population of over 1.4 Million people. There is a powerful military presence in San Antonio. With so many military dependents living here, there is ample opportunity to work, live, and raise families in San Antonio. With so much to offer, many people find themselves looking to buy a home in San Antonio, TX.
At Homes for Heroes, we understand how crucial it is to find the perfect location for your family to call home. We are excited to help you buy that home as a way of saying thank you for your commitment and service to others. When you are ready to start your search for your perfect home, contact us today, and we will help get you started!
Homes for Heroes was founded in Minnesota in 2002, with one goal in mind, to serve our heroes! Over 4,000 real estate specialists around the country have partnered with us to make buying or selling your home a pleasant experience. Along with helping people buy a home, the Homes for Heroes Foundation is also committed to awarding non-profit charities assistance in the form of financial grants to help heroes in need.
If you serve in any of the following areas, you qualify for our Homes for Heroes program.
How We Work
When you contact Homes for Heroes, one of our local Homes for Heroes affiliate real estate specialists in the San Antonio, Texas area will work with you from start to finish. They’ll go over all your options with you. Our promise to you… No obligation, no red tape, no hidden fees, and no fine print. We are here to make your home buying experience as comfortable as possible.
If you use a Homes for Heroes affiliate real estate specialist to buy or sell a home, you’ll receive a Hero Rewards check in the amount of $700 for every $100,000 of the purchase price after you close. For example, if your home is purchased or sold for $300,000, you’ll get a check from Homes for Heroes for $2,100!
Homes for Heroes can even assist you in financing your home purchase. Our affiliate loan specialists can find you outstanding home loan options while saving you an average of $500 on lender fees. On average you can save an additional $200 when you use Homes for Heroes title and home inspection specialists.
Why Buy A Home in San Antonio, Texas?
San Antonio is an amazing city with so much to offer. Let’s go through some of the best parts of San Antonio together.
San Antonio is home to over 100,000 students throughout 31 higher-education institutions. For an aspiring college student or a teacher looking for work, there is no shortage of colleges throughout San Antonio, TX.
- The University of Texas-San Antonio – 3 campuses in San Antonio with over 725 acres of land.
- Texas A&M University-San Antonio – Over 5,500 students in Graduate & Undergraduate programs. 60% of students are Art & Science Majors.
- University of Texas-Health Science Center San Antonio – Educating the next generation of healthcare professionals.
San Antonio is centrally located between east and west coasts, as well of the Gulf of Mexico. It’s a prime location for expansion or relocation for new business. Some of the top industries in San Antonio are as follows:
- Healthcare and BioScience – one out of six people in San Antonio work in this industry.
- Aerospace – San Antonio is a leader in the aerospace industry, specifically in areas of research, engineering, and testing.
- Information Technology / Cybersecurity – 2nd largest population of cybersecurity specialists in the nation.
Nearby Houston, Texas is a fast growing city as well, with employment opportunities across multiple sectors.
San Antonio River Walk
The River Walk is a network of restaurants, bars, hotels, shopping and more. All lined along the banks of the San Antonio River. Winding through the heart of the city, pedestrians can walk and sightsee for hours. Or ride the river on the tourist gondolas.
Visit the Alamo, a historic mission preserved as a shrine to Texas liberty. In downtown San Antonio, this symbol of Texan pride is within walking distance to other tourist destinations.
Where San Antonio plays… Established in 2009, this park is beautiful to visit. Many events, gatherings, celebrations, etc. are held here. But you can also go to relax and enjoy the view.
San Antonio is deep and wide with a variety of housing types available. Single and multi-family homes, apartments and condos, low-income to high-income…it’s all there. With so many military bases in the area, the market is always churning. Opportunities for the home you desire will no doubt be available and prices to move.
- San Antonio has more than 240 city-owned parks, including pools, gyms, botanical gardens and more. The Park & Recreation Department sponsors numerous cultural and recreational programs throughout the year.
- Texas Pack and Paddle has made it possible to explore San Antonio from the waterways instead of dry land. Try kayaking or paddle boarding the San Antonio River.
- The Hays Street pedestrian bridge has regular outdoor yoga while enjoying the beautiful view of San Antonio’s skyline. After yoga, walk down the street to the Alamo Brewery to enjoy a post-workout lager.
There is no shortage of shopping in San Antonio. Anything a person would want to buy is available in San Antonio. Galleries, markets, malls, bazaars, you name it. A few of the best shopping destinations include the following:
- The Shops at La Cantera – This gorgeous outdoor mall is a spot of joy for even the non-shopper. A nice place to beat the heat and spend an afternoon.
- Shops at RiverCenter – Along the river the shopping is plentiful. Unique boutiques, interesting specialty shops, dining, bars, and more. RiverCenter has more than 100 retailers claiming “the perfect blend of downtown energy and old world charm”.
Sprawling San Antonio has quite a challenge to keep up with the infrastructure demands. But they seem to be up to the task. They are currently laying hundreds of miles of fiber optics and investing millions in improving roadways and drainage. Although there is always more to do, the San Antonio Infrastructure Management Program is up to the task.
The San Antonio metropolitan area is abundant in jobs and culture. It’s an excellent place for you and your family to settle down. If you are looking to buy a home, or sell a home in San Antonio, Texas, contact Homes for Heroes today and let’s get started!