Houston, Texas is one of the fastest growing cities in our nation, even though it’s already the 4th largest city in the country. The year-round warm weather has made it a favorite vacation spot. Because of its robust economy, many people find themselves looking to buy a home in Houston, TX.
At Homes for Heroes, we understand how critical it is to find the right place for you and your family to call home. We are excited to be the ones to help you buy that house as a way of saying thank you for your commitment and service to others. When you are ready to start searching for your perfect home, contact us today, and we will get started!!
Homes for Heroes began in Minnesota in 2002, with one goal in mind, to serve our heroes! Over 2200 real estate and mortgage specialists around the nation have partnered with us to make your home buying or selling experience one that pleases you. Along with helping heroes buy a home, the Homes for Heroes Foundation is also committed to awarding local non-profit charities financial assistance in the form of grants to assist heroes in need.
If you serve in any of the following areas, you qualify for our program.
How We Work
When you contact us, one of our local Homes for Heroes affiliate real estate specialists in the Houston, Texas area will work with you from beginning to end and go over all your options. We promise! No obligation, no red tape, no hidden fees, and no fine print. We are here to make your home buying experience easy and hassle-free.
After you buy a home you will receive a Hero Rewards® check of $700 for every $100,000 of the purchase price. So if, for example, your purchase price is $300,000 you’ll get a check from Homes for Heroes for $2,100. Additional savings may be available to you during the inspection process, for the title, and of course for the mortgage. Your real estate specialist will go over all of these benefits with you.
It’s not only when you buy a house that you can save. If you sell your house with one of our real estate affiliates, you will receive 25% credit from their commission at the closing.
Why Buy A Home in Houston, Texas?
Even though Houston is growing, the average price of a home is below the national average for a city this size. Besides having the best barbecue in the state, Houston’s cultural diversity makes it a haven for foodies, music lovers, and outdoor enthusiasts.
There are over 500 degree and certificate programs at community, trade, and technical programs throughout the city and the Greater Houston area is home to 14 institutions of higher learning including:
- The University of Houston – Noted for excellence in undergraduate education
- Baylor College of Medicine – The only private medical college in the SW
- Sam Houston State University – Ranked in the top 7% of U.S. Higher Ed institutions
One of the main reasons Houston is still growth bound is because of the fantastic employment opportunities. As a port city, it’s becoming known as a center for international business and trade.
Top Houston Industries include:
- Energy – About 26% of the nation’s workers in oil and gas are in the Houston area according to Houston Business Journal.
- Aerospace and Aviation – Home of the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center, astronauts train here. It’s also Mission Control for spaceflights. They are a significant employer in the area in the area of research.
- Health Sciences – Over 30,000 jobs are coming to Houston with the new medical research center that’s happening as a cooperative venture with five major medical centers. Positions within the healthcare field are at an all-time high.
Bayou City Art Festival
Houston is a city rich in culture and diversity, and its festivals reflect it. The Bayou City Art Festival has amazing food and great art. This festival has raised over 3.6 million dollars in support of local non-profit organizations and typically features over 300 artists at each event.
Houston Via Colori
Another fun festival is the Houston Via Colori, a beautiful street painting gathering of over 200 artists, 30,000 participants, and an abundance of food, music, and of course, art.
The Art Car Parade
The Art Car Parade is a highlight not to be missed. Rolling works of art make this the largest art car parade in the nation.
Another event not to miss is the AIA Sandcastle Competition in Galveston, where upwards of 50 teams compete for “the Golden Bucket Award.” Participants compete in categories such as traditional castles, architectural wonders, Superheroes, history, and pop culture.
Many waterways create natural neighborhoods throughout Houston. There’s also “the loop” which defines areas as well. Most native residents will stress, however, that you would be best to start your search close to where you live, as commuting in such a large area can be a challenge. According to real estate forecasters, homes prices hit an average $176,000 in 2018 and are expected to rise approximately 5% in the next year or so.
- Bayou City Bike Tours One of Tripadvisor’s top Houston activities. See the city in ways that you never could in a car. There are two different tours you can book bringing you to some of Houston’s hidden highlights and green spaces.
- Houston Zoo Over 6,000 animals and 1.8 million guests a year make this attraction one you’ll need a full day to appreciate.
- The Houston Museum of Natural Science Wonderful exhibits, an IMAX theater, a planetarium, and a six-story butterfly center make this a place to return to over and over.
Everything a shopper could want can be found in Houston. Everything from vintage clothing to high-end fashion and everything in between. A few of the unique shopping experiences include the following:
- Historic Heights Antiques, unique collections, vintage style fashion, furniture, and art all are in this Victorian neighborhood.
- The Galleria 375 Stores, 30 restaurants, and an ice skating rink make this a favorite.
Two major airports serve the greater Houston area. Bush Intercontinental Airport and Hobby Airport have both had significant renovations in recent history to accommodate more international travelers.
Although traffic continues to be a challenge, there are major road projects underway including construction of an $815 million, four-lane tollway set to open in 2019. Or you can avoid the roadways and use the Metro Rail System, with almost 23 miles of rail covering central Houston.
The Houston area is abundant in both job and recreational activities. It’s a beautiful place for you and your family. If you are looking to buy a home, or sell a home in Houston, Texas, contact Homes for Heroes today and let’s get started!