Reports To: COO
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Vice President of Technology will assume a pivotal position within the leadership team, collaborating closely with key stakeholders to ensure that Homes for Heroes’ technological infrastructure aligns seamlessly with our overarching mission of providing extraordinary savings to heroes who provide extraordinary services to our nation and communities every day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to Company Success: Partner with other leadership peers on setting the business strategy, driving for results, and evaluating company performance.
- Represent Technology: Represent technology in strategic discussions by showing how technology can support and fundamentally transform our operations and customer experiences.
- Uphold Culture and Relationships: Foster collaboration with other departments and work together as a unified team to promote stakeholder success and satisfaction.
- Technology Innovation and Trends: Stay abreast of emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices, evaluating their potential impact on the organization and recommending strategic technology investments.
- Technology Strategy: Develop and execute the company’s technology vision and strategy in alignment with business goals, ensuring technology initiatives drive innovation, competitive advantage, and operational excellence.
- Enterprise Architecture: Maintain and enhance our enterprise architecture frameworks, ensuring that technology systems, applications, and infrastructure are scalable, secure, and aligned with business needs and future growth.
- Information Security and Risk Management: Establish and enforce information security policies, procedures, and controls to protect the organization’s sensitive data, systems, and networks from evolving internal and external threats.
- Technology Roadmap: Define and manage the technology roadmap, setting the direction for technology investments, platforms, and infrastructure to support business objectives.
Organizational Leadership and Management
- Team Leadership: Lead and inspire a high-performing technology team, fostering a culture of collaboration, continuous learning, and innovation. Attract and develop talent, set clear performance objectives, and provide ongoing coaching and feedback.
- Project Management: Oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of all technology projects, ensuring they are completed on time, within budget, and meet quality standards.
- Budgeting and Resource Allocation: Develop and manage the technology budget, allocating resources effectively to deliver services and projects within financial targets while optimizing ROI.
- Vendor and Partner Management: Evaluate, select, and manage external technology vendors and partners, ensuring they meet performance, cost, and service level requirements.
- Collaboration and Communication: Foster effective communication and collaboration between technology teams and other departments to align technology initiatives and business objectives.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate closely with executive leadership, business units, and other stakeholders to understand their technology needs, provide strategic advice, and ensure technology solutions align with company objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Must have experience setting technology strategic direction as well as successfully leading technology teams while producing results during a growth stage. Must have experience developing and managing departmental budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, business administration, or related discipline. An advanced degree in one of these fields is preferred.
- Must have a growth mentality and the ability to change and adapt quickly, and drive and deliver results.
- Tremendous technical knowledge and skills. Significant software development experience, preferably building large, scalable software solutions. Expert knowledge of software engineering concepts (requirements management, development methodologies, testing, and documentation), and full lifecycle projects from solution definition through development, implementation, and rollout.
- Salesforce platform experience is highly desirable.
- Exceptional project and people management, team leadership, and vendor relationship skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, take business ideas and envision software solutions, develop appropriate plans of action, and then lead the execution of results.
- Self-driven and resourceful with a passion for using technology to provide solutions.
This position is 100% remote for candidates residing in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Minnesota, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, and Wisconsin.
Candidates must have access to reliable internet services with enough bandwidth to accommodate an omnichannel solution.
This position is expected to work within core business hours and occasionally requires participation in after-hours work to meet deadlines and goals.
The physical demands and environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- No special physical demands are required.
- General office environment in which this position includes periods of telephone and computer work that may require sitting for long periods of time.
How to Apply
If you love our mission and want to team up with our awesome staff, here’s what you need to do:
Send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.