Reports To: Vice President of Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and leading marketing plan creation, executing plans to deliver against brand KPIs, and tracking against long-term and short-term goals. The role is responsible for leading and executing marketing strategies, communicating brand and creative messages, managing teams, and leading partnerships and customer lifecycles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing Strategy Development and Implementation
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Marketing and Marketing Project Manager, create a strategic marketing plan that will meet organizational brand KPIs and achieve long-term and short-term goals.
- Develop and take full ownership of the channel marketing roadmap, including key B2B, B2C, and channel marketing initiatives.
- Define and implement marketing strategy across channels and departments (marketing, partnerships, customer lifecycle).
- Lead and execute marketing strategies including brand positioning, communication strategies, advertising, and consumer promotion initiatives.
- Provide key support and input during the annual budget planning process and monthly monitoring.
Marketing Team Management
- Lead, mentor, and coach team members to achieve personal growth and build collaboration and accountability across the team. Participate in all aspects of employee management, including hiring and termination decisions, coaching for performance improvements, and conducting performance reviews.
- Directly oversee social media, email, content, paid media, video, and design channels.
- Manage and lead the marketing, partnerships, and customer lifecycle teams to deliver exceptional results and ensure they have the tools and resources they need to succeed.
- Understand and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality controls and interact with team members on priority changes and status updates.
Marketing Content Direction
- Use in-depth understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels to identify trends and challenges, and to drive marketing campaigns that reach the target audience and optimize for maximum effectiveness.
- Utilize excellent oral and written communication skills to develop compelling marketing messaging that resonates with both B2B and B2C audiences.
- Communicate and convey brand and creative messages through a variety of mediums, including website, e-communications, and social media.
- Think creatively and innovatively to develop new and unique marketing strategies that set the company apart from competitors.
- Lead partnership development, helping with the translation of marketing strategies into activation plans.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in marketing with demonstrable experience leading and managing a team.
- Ability to develop and lead marketing plans, execute on plans, and track against long-term and short-term goals.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey brand and creative messages through various mediums.
- Strong business acumen with experience integrating customer strategies in business and brand plans.
- Ability to create a collaborative and trusting culture across all cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality controls.
- Experience leading, mentoring, and coaching team members to achieve personal growth and build collaboration and accountability across the team.
- Budget-management skills and proficiency.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Must align on core values.
- Must Get it, Want it, and have the Capacity to Do it.
This position is 100% remote for candidates residing in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Minnesota, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, South Dakota, South Carolina, North Carolina, Texas, and Wisconsin.
Candidates must have access to reliable internet services with enough bandwidth to accommodate an omnichannel solution.
This position is expected to work within core business hours and occasionally requires participation in after-hours work to meet deadlines and goals.
The physical demands and environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- No special physical demands are required.
- General office environment in which this position includes periods of telephone and computer work that may require sitting for long periods of time.
How to Apply
If you love our mission and want to team up with our awesome staff, here’s what you need to do:
Send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.