We don’t hire backgrounds. We hire people with passion, skill, drive, and the confidence and persistence to make a difference.
As the Business Intelligence Manager for Homes for Heroes, you will have a direct impact on the business by partnering with many stakeholders on their reporting and analytics initiatives to support all business functions. The successful person will be expected to immerse themselves in the day-to-day business to solve unique business challenges using various data sources, expertise in business intelligence tools, and business acumen.
The successful candidate will have a unique role as the one to build a growing company’s financial and BI analytics from the ground floor. Reporting to the CFO, you will build-out substantial base of analytics reporting centered around the company’s core Sales Force application, as well as having a dotted line to the VP Marketing for building out other BI capabilities. We have substantial activities in both B2B and B2C environments. The person must be comfortable being highly collaborative, working with the IT, Sales, Marketing and Business Development teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Centric to the Company’s data is Salesforce (Lightning) and Salesforces’ Marketing cloud databases. You will be the go-to for information, reporting & analytics from these, and other sources.
- Use a strong understanding of advanced database querying concepts, develop and modify reports, verify information integrity and design business intelligence dashboards, scorecards, charts/graphs, drill-downs, and dynamic reports to meet new information needs.
- Perform high complexity ad-hoc dashboard and report modeling that meets existing and emerging reporting and analytical needs.
- Collect, aggregate and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to drive insights in business performance.
- Build relationships across teams to leverage and extend existing analytical research, collaborating with stakeholders for root cause analysis and process improvement.
- Turn business requirements into technical requirements.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Computer Science, Statistics or related technical field
2. Industry experience in financial analytics and/or business intelligence roles
3. Strong background in Excel utilizing advanced Excel capabilities
4. Working experience with a BI tool, e.g., Tableau, Power BI, SQL, OBIEE
5. Experience leveraging ETL tools to load a data warehouse or create a data store
6. Experience analyzing high volumes of data for multiple purposes
7. Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
8. Some experience with cloud platform data warehouse technologies
9. Excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort presenting conclusions
10. A genuine passion for data and attention to detail in data is a must
This position is expected to work within core business hours and occasionally requires participation in after-hours work to meet deadlines.
This position will primarily work remotely, with varying needs to also work in an office setting in Brooklyn Park, MN (western suburb of Minneapolis).
The physical demands and environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- No special physical demands are required.
- General office environment in which this position includes periods of telephone and computer work that may require sitting for periods of time.