Reports To: Director, Foundation & Corporate Legal Affairs
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt – Part time
As a Legal Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting the Director of Corporate Legal Affairs and ensuring that current and former affiliated real estate professionals adhere to contractual requirements, in-house policies, and certain legal standards. We need an ethical, results-oriented approach, focused on resolving issues with solid professional judgment and effective communication skills. An ideal candidate will be able to conduct research, handle internal compliance cases and related administrative responsibilities, and make recommendations to management on a proper course of action.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review former affiliates online and social content for contract compliance
- Ensure current affiliates are in compliance with contracts and program policies, including closings and payment-related issues
- Handle internal compliance reporting and contract management, and provide overall administrative support for legal/compliance functions
- Document all activity in Salesforce
- Report on daily activity
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience with every interaction
- Attend regular meetings with Homes for Heroes staff to discuss results, share successes, and participate in training
- Other core expectations as defined and requested by Director of Corp. Legal Affairs
- Possible addition / as needed: Investigate non-affiliates for trademark infringement
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree, paralegal certification, or 2+ years of experience as a paralegal or legal assistant
- Detail oriented
- Able to work independently and with others
- Able to work with highly confidential and sensitive business information, and to maintain standards of confidentiality
- Sound professional judgment and analytical ability
- Effective problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic computer skills required
- Real estate industry knowledge/experience is a plus
- Must align on company’s core values
- Must get it, want it, and have the capacity to do it
This position is 100% remote for candidates residing in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Minnesota, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, or Wisconsin.
Candidates must have access to reliable internet services with enough bandwidth to accommodate video conference calls, standard business software, and online activities.
This position is expected to work within core business hours, Monday – Friday, minimum of 4 consecutive hours daily, 20 hours total. There may be potential for additional hours if needed by the Company and desired by the candidate.
The physical demands and environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- No special physical demands are required.
- General office environment in which this position includes periods of telephone and computer work that may require sitting for periods of time.
How to Apply
Send a copy of your resume to email@example.com.