Homes for Heroes
In the wake of the events of September 11, 2001, a family of real estate agents aligned on a single mission to commit their business to thanking the selfless heroes of our communities. Since then, Homes for Heroes has saved heroes over $44 million when buying or selling a home, sold over $4 billion in real estate volume to heroes, is actively partnering with over 2,700 real estate professionals who’ve joined in the mission, and donated over $500,000 to heroes in dire need through the Homes for Heroes Foundation.
Join us in our mission to provide extraordinary savings to heroes who provide extraordinary services to our nation and its communities every day. Heroes are defined as firefighters, law enforcement, military, healthcare workers, EMS and teachers.
Executive Assistant / Office Manager
The primary responsibilities include organizing and executing a wide variety of administrative functions that facilitate the smooth functioning of the daily operations as well as support of the executive leadership team. It requires a professional attitude, the ability to work well with a diverse team, and a willingness to be accountable for results and efficient use of time even when working without direct supervision.
- Coordinate travel and lodging for out-state employees
- Manage inventory of office supplies and event planning as well as the in-house staff directory and various contact databases.
- Orders food for team meetings and stock the snack fridge.
- Distribute mail and any incoming deliveries to corresponding parties
- Own/manage vendor relationships
- Help leadership prepare for meetings
- Onboarding of new employees
- Plan holiday parties and other events
- Supports business needs of Executive leadership team.
You’ll be a great fit if you thrive in a fast growth environment, want to be a significant contributor to that growth, and can have fun along the way!
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Align with our core values: Driven by Cause, Caring, Do the Right Thing, Together a Team, and Positive.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing and evolving priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with executives, employees and customers
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of internal customer service
- Reliable, confidential, self-motivated and possess a positive attitude
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Self-driven, resourceful, and passionate about helping others succeed
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and consultative/influence skills to work effectively with vendors, customers, peers, management, and staff as well as achieve maximum efficiency, expense control, and productivity
- Regular and Reliable attendance
- Ability to work normal schedule of Monday through Friday during normal business hours with the ability to provide support for urgent situations outside of normal business hours (i.e. travel cancellations, less than 5% of the time)
- Experience providing Executive support preferred
- Well-organized with extremely strong attention to detail
Benefits and Perks
- A growing organization with a huge heart and rock-solid foundation
- Leo and Charlie are the office mascots (poodles) – so you are sure to make friends on your first day
- Strong base salary and performance incentives
- Autonomy to be you and do great things, and accountability to hold you to it
- Time off
- Flexible work environment
- Medical and dental plans
- Company paid life insurance
- Incredible stories, amazing co-workers (you’ll start referring to them as family), and customers that will continue to amaze you
- Growth opportunities
- Refrigerators stocked with snacks, soft drinks and flavored waters. Chocolate for when the cravings hit and a Homes for Heroes staple – peppermint lifesavers. Our ideation and whiteboard meetings wouldn’t be complete without these!
- Dress code is casual
Apply by submitting your answer to “Why you want to work for Homes for Heroes” and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. At Homes for Heroes, your “Why” is more important than your “What.”
Position is located at our headquarters in Minneapolis, MN (relocation not provided). Must be authorized to work in the USA. No third parties. Homes for Heroes is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.