Reports To: Hero Success Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Last Updated: June 2023
Homes for Heroes, Inc. is the largest nationwide network of affiliate real estate, mortgage, and local business specialists committed to providing easy ways for heroes to save on a home. Shortly after 9/11, Homes for Heroes, Inc. was established to give back to firefighters, EMS, law enforcement, military (active, reserves & veterans), healthcare professionals and teachers for all they do.
We have a network of more than 4,500 local real estate and mortgage specialists serving heroes in 50 states. These real estate specialists work with heroes and provide them Hero Rewards, or cash back, on their home transaction. Our Hero Success Representative (HSR) will be the connection point between our hero clients and our real estate specialists.
Our HSR’s help our hero customers by talking to them to understand where they are in their home search or selling process and help them take the next steps. Typically, that involves connecting them with our network of real estate specialists. We’re looking for team members with a strong work ethic, who thrive in an autonomous environment, and have excellent communication and customer service skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent Homes for Heroes in a professional manner. i.e., by phone, email and text message communication.
- Determine the needs of our clients through effective listening and questioning skills, then take actions accordingly.
- Be able to make a combination of warm, outbound calls to hero leads, as well as take incoming calls, text messages, web chats and email communications, and respond by providing superior service and resolution.
- Make successful connections between heroes and real estate specialists to move the hero forward in their process.
- Document all activity in CRM (Salesforce).
- Report daily and be responsible for your own metrics including calls made, calls answered, interactions, and other relevant metrics.
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience with every interaction.
- Attend regular meetings with Homes for Heroes staff to discuss results, share successes, and participate in training.
- Other core expectations as defined and requested by the Hero Success Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Hours and days will be flexible depending on schedule needs, but will be consistent week to week.
- Must be able to read and speak English fluently. Intermediate to fluent Spanish is a plus.
- Must be able to talk on a headset phone and use a web-based CRM program simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and independently.
- Must be able to positively take constructive feedback and apply it to the position.
- Detail and customer oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills to work effectively with vendors, customers, peers, management, and staff.
The physical demands and environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- No special physical demands are required.
- General office environment in which this position includes periods of telephone and
computer work that may require sitting for periods of time.
This position is 100% remote for candidates residing in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Minnesota, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, or Wisconsin.
Candidates must have access to reliable internet services with enough bandwidth to accommodate video conference calls, standard business software, and online activities.
How to Apply
If you love our mission and want to team up with our awesome staff, here’s what you need to do:
Send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org