Why Homes for Heroes?
Homes for Heroes is a community minded company whose mission is to provide extraordinary savings to heroes who provide extraordinary services to our nation and its communities, every day. We’re growing fast and looking for sharp, creative, ambitious doers to join our team. Are you one of them?
This full-time accounting position offers an incredible opportunity for individuals looking to contribute to a great cause and grow with an expanding company. The primary responsibilities for this position include overseeing the company’s accounting function (to include receivables and payables), recording all sale transactions, processing subscription payments, preparing and reporting on monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; and taking personal ownership in the accuracy of data and quality of service provided by the accounting department.
What you’ll be doing:
- Process and balance daily sale transactions and balance deposits
- Administer accounts receivable: invoice customers, oversee collections, provide aging summaries, prepare write offs and refunds
- Administer accounts payable: maintain vendor files, process vendor invoices and issue vendor payments
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements and accounts
- Calculate and prepare month-end journal entries for prepaid expenses, depreciation, deferred revenue and expense accruals
- Track merchandise inventory and account for purchases, sales, and valuation
- Enter customer transaction data into spreadsheets and track key metrics
- Perform other duties as directed
You’re an excellent fit if you:
- Have an excellent understanding of Accounting principles and the Accrual basis of accounting.
- Have significant experience working with QuickBooks, e-commerce payment platforms, and other e-accounting tools
- Self-driven and resourceful with ability to multi-task effectively
- Highly-attentive to details with strong communication and organization skills
- Significant proficient experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree or greater, or the equivalent experience
How to Apply
If you love our mission and want to team up with our awesome staff, here’s what you need to do:
Apply by submitting your answer to “Why you want to work for Homes for Heroes?” and a copy of your resume, cover letter and compensation expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your “Why” is more important than your “What.”
Position offers competitive compensation, medical & dental coverage, employer paid life insurance policy, monthly breakfast gatherings and a plethora of catered lunches.
Position is located at our headquarters in
MN (relocation not provided)
Must be authorized to work in the USA. No third parties, please.
Homes for Heroes is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.